The S1000 thermal cycler combines powerful performance with streamlined features. The cycler can be used as a stand-alone instrument for PCR, or it can be connected to a C1000 Touch™ thermal cycler for additional throughput. Up to three S1000 cyclers can be connected to a C1000 Touch cycler, and the four cyclers can then be conveniently controlled as one high-throughput instrument.
Features and Benefits
· Exceptional thermal performance — the patented* reduced-mass honeycomb sample block delivers fast ramping and settling times for reliable results and reduced run times
· Optimal sealing — the fully adjustable heated lid accommodates a wide range of reaction vessels
· Thermal gradient — quickly and easily identify optimal annealing temperatures by using the programmable temperature gradient
Applications and Uses
· Cycle sequencing
· Gene expression studies
The S1000 cycler can be used with four interchangeable reaction modules, including:
· A gradient-enabled 96-well fast module
· A gradient-enabled 96–deep well module
· A gradient-enabled dual 48/48-well fast module that allows 2 independently controlled protocols to be run side by side in a single bay
· A gradient-enabled 384-well module
Select from our complete line of thermal cyclers using the Thermal Cycler Selection Chart.
View the PCR Plastics Compatibility Chart to find the right consumables for your instrument.
* U.S. patent 7,632,464.
|Input power, W, maximum||700|
|Frequency, Hz, single phase||50–60|
|Ports (USB A / USB B)||4/1|
|Fuses — 2 (A/V/mm)||10/250/20|
|Onboard memory, protocols||>1,000|
|Dimensions (W x D x H), cm/in||33 x 46 x 20/13 x 18 x 8|
|Temperature control modes||Calculated and block|
|Reporting (exportable run logs and system error logs)||No|
|Onboard software, Windows CE 6.0||No|
|PC compatibility (Windows XP or higher)||Yes|
|USB peripheral compatibility (mouse, USB flash drive, bar code reader)||No|
|Real-time PCR upgrade||No|